Amazing uses of Lemon Peels:
1. Lemon Olive Oil: Firstly, zest some of your peel and use or freeze it for later use. Next, add one cup of olive oil to three cups of your lemon zest to give your olive oil a nice lemon flavour. Let the mixture set for two weeks before straining it (to remove the peel bits) and use the oil with a new makeover!
2. Lemon Ice cubes: Give your drinks a new twist by adding lemon ice cubes! Just add some lemon zest to your ice cubes and let the flavor release into your drink when the cubes melt. You could also add long strips of the peel to your ice cubes.
3. Trash can odor remover: Throw a few lemon peels at the bottom of your can. This will help absorb all the odor and keep your can smelling fresh.
4. Microwave cleaner: Throw in a few lemon peels into a microwave-safe bowl and fill it with water. Heat the bowl on high for about 5 minutes, and let the steam do its job. It will stick to the walls of the microwave, and after a quick wipe down with a towel, your microwave will be squeaky clean.
5. Get rid of ants: Yes, lemon peels can also be great ant repellents.Throw some peels by the crack of a door, or any small spaces where ants can enter into your home. If you’re having problems with ants in your kitchen because of the sugar, add some peel to your sugar jar as well.
6. Skin brightening scrub: You could use the lemon peel to brighten your skin and make it smoother. You would need epsom salts and lemon infused oil for the same.
7. Vitamin C powder: Cut the peels into small squares and place them on a clean cloth. Leave them in the sun for a few days , and once they’re completely dried, add them to a coffee grinder to turn them into powder. You can add a teaspoon to a smoothie, or just eat it plain to get filled with a great source of Vitamin C.
8. Cutting board sanitizer: Lemon’s natural acidity provides great antibacterial properties to home cleaning. After properly cleaning your cutting boards, rub the surface with half a lemon. Let it sit for a couple of minutes before rinsing.
If you’ve come across some more interesting uses of lemon peels, please share in the comments section below.