It can be very easy to get into a pattern of eating foods that we know are bad for us, but it’s not quite as easy to break the habit. If you feel like you’re in need of a little detoxification, want to kick-start healthy eating habits and calm cravings for processed foods, try this 1-3 day gentle cleanse.
- Remove all dairy products two days before you begin your cleanse. Dairy products may interfere with the detoxification process, as they are slowly digested by the body. Your body must rid itself of any toxins from too many dairy products before you begin cleansing your lungs.
- Drink 1 cup of herbal laxative (eg: Black Forest) tea before you go to bed the evening before Day 1 of your 3-day cleanse. This will help your system get rid of any toxins in your intestines that may tend to constipate you. Your lungs must not be overworked by blockages anywhere in the body during your detoxification.
- Squeeze two whole lemons into a cup to a cup1/2 of water before you eat breakfast. This will prepare you to digest powerful alkalizing foods that will help your lungs regenerate themselves.
- Drink 1.5 cups of purge grapefruit juice with breakfast. If you do not enjoy the taste of grapefruit juice, dilute it with a bottle of spring water or substitute with pineapple juice. These juices contain natural antioxidants that promote a healthy respiratory system.
- Drink 1 to 1.5 cups of pure carrot juice between breakfast and lunch. Carrot juice will help you alkalize your blood during your 3-day detox. Because of its beta-carotene content, which the body turns into Vitamin A, carrot juice aids in a clean and healthy respiratory system.
- Drink 1 to 1.5 cups of potassium juice with lunch. Potassium is a powerful agent that will act as a cleansing tonic when ingested in liquid form. Creating a potassium juice involves juicing carrots, celery, spinach, parsley, and sea greens. If you don’t have a juicer, simply mix 50ml of Noni juice with 1 cup of spring water. Noni juice can be purchased from health-food stores. There are several brands of Noni on the market. It is important to buy pure Noni juice. Tree of Life is one of the few companies that offer pure Noni juice.
- Prepare and drink 1 cup of mucus-cleansing tea 1 hour before dinner. Mucus-cleansing tea is rich in rose hips, ginger, and peppermint. These herbs help alleviate stuffy noses, mucus build-up and congestion. Cleansing tea is available in most supermarkets and health-food stores.
- Drink 340ml of pure cranberry juice before bed. Cranberry juice helps fight off bacteria in the lungs that could cause infections. Cranberries are very powerful antioxidants and promote healthy blood and urine.