Here are the top homemade natural remedies you can do in the comfort of your own house:
• Make efforts to promote steady mucous flow in the nasal passage, take a hot shower and breathe the soothing vapors to get some instant relief by using a humidifier to open up clogged nasal passages.
• Take one teaspoon of regular salt and mix it with two cups of warm water and pour it into the nostrills by tilting your head back. When the solution hits your nasal system, you can get relief from your sinus congestion. Use a neti pot for this, if you have one.
• Since sinus infections are caused by nasal inflammation, and turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory properties, it also has a powerful compound known as curcumin, which helps to heal the sinus cavity and clear the airways.
• Spicy foods will help in improving the flow of mucous within nasal passages. When the sinus passage opens up, you can get instant relief.
• Steam and inhale over a stove a pot of oregano oil and water, which is an effective sinus infection treatment, make a tent with a towel over your head.
• Cut an onion into pieces and then sniff the cut pieces of onion, also eating raw onions can be helpful in the treatment of sinus congestion.
• Hot tomato juice is an excellent home remedy for getting relief from sinus congestion. Boil one cup of tomato juice along with one tablespoon of chopped garlic, half tablespoon of hot sauce, one tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of celery salt.
• Drink hot herbal tea regularly as it can help to make the mucus thin, and will help in flushing out the toxins that are inside your body.