1. Gargling is considered as the best remedy for sore throat. Gargling of the throat with lukewarm water adding 2 tablespoons of common salt reduces the pain quickly. But this should be carried 4-5 times a day.
3. Ginger is widely used in treating the soreness of the throat. Ginger, taken as ginger tea or ginger juice taken with little honey is equally effective in this treatment.
4. Gargling with a decoction of fenugreek seeds also produces beneficial results.
5. Decoction of henna leaves is also effective in reducing the soreness of the throat.
6. External application of the crushed betel leaves on the throat provides relief from the pain. In severe cases crushed berry plant also produces the desired effect.
7. Extract from the bark of mango tree is highly effective in treating sore throat. A teaspoonful of the extract is added to a glass of lukewarm water and used for gargling.
8. Use of Basil leaves is quite popular in treating various throat problems. A decoction can be prepared by boiling 10-15 basil leaves in a glass of water. To avail best results this decoction should be taken several times a day in small sips. Few drops of honey can be added to sweeten the drink.