How to make lip balm at home?
This homemade lip balm will help you seal in moisture, and sink into your lips. This means no barrier on your lips. You could also use a homemade exfoliator with this to get best results.
1. Beeswax: Firstly, beeswax gives your lip balm the stiffness and body required, to be transported and applied. It is also a great moisturizer for your lips and protects you from the elements.
2. Coconut oil: Coconut oil moisturizes your lips deep down and doesn’t just coat it like commercial products. The fatty acids in coconut oil hold onto the moisture and reinforce the skin’s lipid layer that promotes hydration.
3. Honey: Honey is a natural ingredient which is known to lighten dark lips. It is also a natural humectant, which means it holds and attracts water molecules. This one’s easily available too!
4. Vitamin E: Since vitamin E is full of antioxidants, it can neutralize the effect of free radicals that damage the skin. So let’s throw in a few vitamin E capsules as well.
5. Essential oil (optional) – This is just for the added fragrance.
-Melt one spoon of grated beeswax or beeswax pastilles in a double boiler
– Next, add one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil and a dash of raw organic honey when half of the beeswax is no longer solid
– Once it’s blended together and melted, stir the content of 2 Vitamin E capsules
– Pour into a container and let it cool. Once cooled apply in moderation