One teaspoon of turmeric a day keeps the doctor away.
It’s true. Turmeric is one of the oldest superfoods on the planet that’s been used for 2500 years. Various cultures have experienced its remedying benefits, but now we have scientific evidence that prove its remedying powers besides anecdotal experiences. Turmeric is a spice with anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral and many other incredible properties.
Here are the magical healing powers of turmeric.
- Fights inflammation naturally: Curcumin is turmeric’s active compound and it seems to be more effective in reducing inflammation than many anti-inflammatory pharmaceuticals on the market.
- Protects your brain: Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive disorders are often linked to a growth hormone named Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF). Curcumin helps to influence your BDNF levels and therefore, may delay or reverse the decline of your brain functions.
- Reduces your risk of cancer: Turmeric may just be the most potent natural substance for preventing cancer growth. It also inhibits the spreading of this disease.
- Improves your digestion: Eating turmeric may prevent inflammation of your digestive track. It also reduces bloating and gas. By stimulating your gallbladder, it also protects you against gallbladder disease.
- Protects your heart: Science has shown that curcumin reduces LDL cholesterol (your bad cholesterol). It also prevents blood clots and build-ups in your arteries. All this ensures a healthy heart.
- Improves your symptoms of arthritis: Being such an amazing anti-inflammatory spice, it is not surprising that turmeric reduces pain – including arthritis pain – in your body. While pharmaceutical drugs for arthritis may have unpleasant side-effects, turmeric has none, yet it is just as potent (if not more).
- Delays aging and improves your longevity: Obviously, turmeric can’t delay time and the number on your birthday cake, but it can keep you feel young and healthy in your body regardless of your actual age. Inflammation and free radicals both play a major role in the ‘symptoms’ of the aging process. Turmeric is a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substance that protects your heart, fights cancer and protects you against other diseases.
Improving your overall health and happiness doesn’t take much. All you need to do is add 1 teaspoon of turmeric to your daily diet. You can add it to smoothies, juices, curries, stir-fries, soups and dressings.
You can also take turmeric as a supplement. Lucky you, we have a fantastic and potent turmeric supplement that we invite you to try.