You may think you’re carrying all your excess fat on your abdomen because it’s the easiest to spot. But fat could be hiding under your arms and on your back, places that you don’t get the chance to look at very often.
This type of excess fat can be serious, but it can also be a big confidence downer. A little excess fat should never compromise your confidence or self-esteem, but excess fat can sometimes stop us from looking and feeling our best. However, these four exercises that we suggest will provide the quickest effects to excess upper body fat, and they will quickly make you love the way you look.
Losing Back and Underarm Fat is Hard
There are several reasons it can be difficult to lose back and under arm fat. Perhaps you aren’t performing enough cardio or you aren’t using resistance training. Eating poorly, excessive alcohol consumption and stress are also large factors in stubborn back fat.
No matter what your activity level is, good rest comprising of a 6-8-hour sleep is optimal for performing a peak physical capacity. A lack of variation in your workouts could also be contributing to your fat, you could not be pushing yourself hard enough during a workout, and of course, the omnipresent suggestion, drink more water! Water is crucial for recovering muscles and flushing toxins from your body.
This exercise is great for your chest and shoulders, as it exercises your deltoids, latissmus dorsi, and pectoralis major.
- Raise your arms above shoulder level, with your palms faced up.
- Bend the knees to a 90-degree angle, and pull your arms together in front of your chest.
- You should not raise your shoulders. Reverse the steps to return to the initial position, and make three sets of 10-12 repetitions.
Crisscross Reverse Fly
This exercise will target your trapezius and deltoid muscles.
- With the knees bent a bit, lean your body forward 45 degrees, and cross your arms at the wrists in front of your knees.
- Slowly elevate your arms to the level of your shoulders and put them down to return to the initial position.
- Do the same with different hands crossed, and make three sets of 10-12 repetitions.
- For best effects, this program will last 12 minutes and should be done at least three times a week, for three weeks
Bent-Over Circular Row
This is an all-around fantastic upper-body exercise, targeting your biceps, trapezius, deltoids, and latissmus dorsi muscles.
- With the knees bent, and the abs engaged, you should bend forward to position your body parallel to the floor.
- Extend your hands to the floor, and start making a circle, to the left, up, and to your chest, then to the right, and down.
- Make this circle starting from the other side as well. Do three sets of 10-12 repetitions.
Push and Touch
The last exercise is useful for your upper back, biceps, and shoulders.
- In a standing position, your palms should face forwards, while your arms are by the sides.
- Elevate your arms up to shoulder height, and your palms should point to the ceiling. At this stage, you should feel the burn.
- Slowly raise your arms over your head, with your palms behind.
- Return them to the level of your shoulders, pause, and come back to the initial position.
- During this exercise, make sure your other body parts remain still. Do three sets of 6-8 repetitions.
Now you know what could be causing your back and underarm fat, and how to quickly get rid of it through exercise! Let us know what you think of these exercises, and if they show any improvement in blasting your fat!